Level 3 First Responders Course (RQF)
The QNUK Level 3 Award for First Responders is aimed at those who require a more advanced level of competence and first aid knowledge. Typical learners include close protection operatives, security operatives and industrial first aiders looking to add and improve upon standard first aid qualifications and/or to gain the SIA CP licence.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first responder.
- Understand the principles of scene management.
- Know how to minimise the risk to oneself due to poor manual handling techniques.
- Be able to undertake basic casualty assessment and monitoring.
- Be able to assess and manage a casualty who is unresponsive.
- Be able to support a casualty with suitable airway management techniques.
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Be able to manage a casualty who has a catastrophic bleed.
- Know how to recognise and manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Know how to recognise and manage common trauma related injuries.
- Know how to recognise and manage a range of medical emergencies.
- Know how to recognise and manage a casualty affected by heat or cold.
- Be able to perform basic life support procedures on a paediatric casualty.